Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting in more miles.

So this will be just me rambling on here about my latest runs. Let's see last November 16th I did this little jaunt called the Route 66 Marathon a 26.2 mile run you may have heard of, it was a cool day but sunny and I felt pretty good.Got going down the road abit still feeling pretty good, when some dumb ass decided HEY let's put in some hill's and that's when I started feeling not so good.Im watching Avril Lavigne on Palladia network and she can sing really well but kinda Corny concert. Anyway I get to the hills and start falling apart and wishing I could be doing something else but I kept going on walking up a hill and running down a hill, here a hill there a hill every a hill hill, geese!!. By the time I got to Utica I was done but I knew the end was near and it was do or die time so just keep pushing on, as Kidney Bean would say (its almost just up ahead) and so I did with a finishing time of 4:52 and some change, Yippee!. So now Im thinking I can't just sit on my ass and say look what I did, I gotta keep going and that's what Im doing running more miles and thinking how much better my next run will be. I also joined the Tature familly and have started running in the woods on turkey mountain or( broke back) as it has been called before but Im not into that BS, I luv the ladies. My friends and I are clearing trail west of Tulsa between Kellyville and Manford by lake Heyburn for some motorcycle trails and have about 5 miles cut in so far but I hope to get with the Tatures and have a trail run ther too in the 2009. So here's my 2009 running schedule so far, Monday night at 5:30 pm with Bobby Michaels and friends at John Zink lake , Tuesday night run with Runners World at 5:30 on 69th and riverside, Wednesday off unless I'm really bored. Thursday night with Runners World at 5:30 at Runners World on 41st and Peoria, Friday night if I feel good its back to John Zink Lake for another loop, Saturday freaking long run with Runner's World time and place subject to change pending on the season and Sunday is with Tatures on Turkey Mountain at 8am. So that's a bit of what's going on in my running world I wish you all a happy new year and good luck on all of your running. Peace out Team Bean.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Seems like you have been running overtime. Great job. Wish I had your energy. It's been nice running with you on those rare occasions that you slow down to my pace.

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

You are too hardcore for me...I'm just gonna sit back and say look what I did.