Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Well after 2 years off my dirt bike, I went for a little ride at draper lake and man it felt really good. At first I thought about how scared I might be riding in the wooded trial's again after smacking a tree at camp Grubber 2 years before and completely destroying my right knee, hence the reason I haven't ridin in awhile but hey a little surgery and some therapy and I'm good to go. Putting on the riding gear was a great feeling because it still fit's, sweet uh well anyway I did have to buy a new pair of goggles but everything else was good. The drive to Draper Lake was like so many I had done before BORING and dull, all I could think about was how good this was going to be for me to finally get back on the bike and ride. Soon I'm unloading the bike and start gearing up, I give the bike a couple of kicks and she fire's right up and ready to rock the bark of the trees. Put the bike in first gear roll on the throttle and into the woods I go and about 3 miles into it I realize wow it's been awhile since I rode last, hands are cramping and I'm hanging on way to tight so relax dude or your gonna grab a handle full and smack another tree. I get in a quick 7 mile loop and come in for a rest , bike check and a drink. Lube the chain , put on my helmet and goggs and back into the trail, this time I'm going on the red loop for about 15 miles, hands feel much better bike is running really good and I'm getting some rhythm back . The trail is really good not to much dust and a bit of mud to go through but all in all its perfect really good for roosting the corners and popping wheelies.My ride ends well twenty some miles of trail and my hands are just starting to blister a little so its time to go home. After 2 years off my bike it felt soooooo good to be Back in the Saddle Again. Then there is this thing I did 2 weeks later called a marathon but that's another story.

6 comments:

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

Back in the saddle. I can't wait. It sucks only being able to remember. Im glad you had an awesome ride, and that my hubby go tot share in it.

Susan Michaels said...

Hey I like your blog. I am glad to have another blog to read to fill my day with entertainment.
I don't think your boring at all.

Bobby said...

Dude, welcome to blog world. You are an inspiration to many of us and I am sure you will have lots to talk about. I miss the days when you and I tackled Riverside together. I am glad to see that you have improved enough to leave me in your dust. I'll be chasing you, so don't slow down. Great first marathon. Glad your're back on the bike. Be careful this time.

okdrtguy said...

Thanks susan and bobby for the compliment's your great, I'm glad to have you both as running friends.

Cassy Russell said...

Yea, Deon!! Glad to see you posting. Please keep us updated with your rides and runs.

Candice said...

Somehow I missed out on the fact that you had a blog... but I guess it's okay since you're not real current on your posting!

And now that you've had a couple weeks to recover, we want to hear your marathon story!!!!